Clutter makes it hard to think. Whether that clutter is papers that need to be filed, the garbage that needs to be thrown out, a task that needs to be accomplished, or ideas that need to be written down. Today is a good day for you to work on that. I know that because you are still reading this, and that means you already know you need to do this. Here are some steps you can take.
- Clean your workspace, especially your desktop.
- Go through your papers and decide whether something needs to be filed, acted upon, or thrown out.
- Make a list of all the things that are on your mind and decide what to do about them. Note: Nothing is an option.
- Try to finish the tasks that only take five minutes or less. Get them off your list.
- Close your eyes and meditate for at least five minutes. Allow yourself to be calm.
- Congratulate yourself on having reduced the clutter in your life.