Skip to content
- Every horrible subject you can imagine has already been written about. There’s some brutal, brutal stuff out there.
- Writing about painful subjects is a great way to deal with that pain.
- Don’t be embarrassed about having problems or faults, everyone does.
- Don’t judge the importance of what happened to you by the quality of your poem. Some things are very hard to put into words, especially for the person who lived through them.
- Today’s reader is surprisingly hard to shock.
- As great as poetry is for dealing with difficult subjects, you don’t want to spend all your time dwelling on the negative. Find time to write about the good things in life too.