Do you love using plain language to convey deeply technical concepts? Are you passionate about writing thought leadership content that inspires teams to innovate? Does double-spacing make your eye twitch?
As a Senior Writer at Aha!, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a self-funded and profitable company that is growing fast. Aha! was founded by a proven team of experts. More than 300,000 users worldwide trust our roadmap software to build products customers love.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 7 years of experience writing about any of the following topics: product management, IT, or software development at a B2B software company
- Writes exceptionally clean copy (and has the blog clips to prove it)
- Enjoys supporting other writers, providing clear creative feedback
- Thrives in a deadline-driven environment with high editorial standards
- Is bold, likes to interact with customers, and takes on increasing levels of responsibility
We are committed to being great, and we want someone who:
- Can work at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks
- Has a “can do” attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again
- Is seeking a career-defining opportunity and a proven, results-oriented team which has sold multiple software companies
View at Aha
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Media, or English, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in content writing or editing roles writing for a technical audience.
- Experience in technical journalism or marketing writing for a broader audience.
- Experience working with cloud computing concepts and technologies.
- Experience working cross-functionally with product marketing teams, PR, support, and/or creative agencies.
- Experience working in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to craft complete stories based on briefs, narrative documents, and other information.
- Ability to review/edit submitted content with an eye towards clarity, comprehensibility, and impactful storytelling.
About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Content and Editorial team is responsible for the content strategy and creation in Google Cloud, including blogs, campaign assets, thought leadership, and more. In this role, you will work closely with product marketing, campaign marketing, and other teams to create compelling content that highlights the leadership of Google Cloud products and solutions. You’ll work cultivate Google Cloud awareness, business value, and differentiation into the market.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Research, write, edit, and manage Google Cloud content for data analytics, app modernization, and security under the guidance of the content leads and/or the editorial team lead.
- Work alongside the Cloud editorial team and cross-functional counterparts in marketing, PR, and product organizations to write, edit, and manage the publication process for compelling content.
- Collaborate with and synthesize feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Review content holistically with an eye towards how it can be repurposed and reimagined into other types of resources.
- Help mentor and increase the writing skill sets of contributing authors, as needed.
View at Google
You will be responsible for the following in a safety and health organization which supports a diverse community: Writing, editing, and updating technical communication materials (e.g., newsletters, web content, reports, posters, brochures, presentations) collaboratively with subject matter experts (SMEs); creating highly engaging training materials (web-based and instructor led) collaboratively with SMEs using state-of-the-art development resources; identifying, defining, and providing assistance in implementing communications strategies to raise awareness and support organization’s initiatives and services; contributing to design principles which will make the organization’s website effective, engaging, and user-friendly; coordinating communication efforts with NIST’s Public Affairs Office.
View at USAjobs
- Write, create, draft, edit, review and maintain documents designed to explain and test laboratory systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creates and maintains technical writing standards.
- Writes, modifies/changes controlled documents.
- Writes, reviews, and maintains department standard operating procedures.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to materials prepared by other writers or personnel.
- Coordinates projects and documentation assignments.
- BS/BA degree required
- 5+ years of experience with bio pharmaceutical equipment or manufacturing, particularly in Quality Review required
- Good documentation practices (GDP)
- FDA regulated environments
- Laboratory systems
- Nonconformance and deviation management
- Building consensus among subject matter experts
- Process mapping
- Harmonizing documentation across groups
- Document control including document management systems
Datadog’s Writing team is the public voice of Datadog. We are a group of tech-oriented writers and editors who value accuracy, depth, and accessibility. As part of the Creative Marketing department, we work collaboratively within our team—but also collaborate across the entire company. Our blog posts cover Datadog in depth and provide valuable information to the broader tech community around observability, best practices, and industry trends.
Are you looking to combine your editing and writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are top editing, copy editing, and providing detailed editorial feedback to experienced technical content writers? Are you obsessed with following the latest trends in cloud monitoring technologies? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
We are expanding the Writing team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring and analytics. Our team of technical content editors and writers runs Datadog’s main blog (aka “The Monitor”), where we publish in-depth articles about monitoring, software infrastructure, and application performance for a highly technical audience of software developers and ops engineers.
- Edit, pitch, research, and occasionally write articles for the Datadog blog, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials
- Announcements for new Datadog features and integrations
- Provide precise and detailed editorial feedback to writers
- Collaborate with editors, writers, product managers, engineers, and graphic designers to maximize the clarity, technical correctness, and visual appeal of our articles
- Develop new formats for communicating original research, monitoring best practices, and technical tips to our readers
- Collaborate with the Video team and write scripts for original product videos
- Continually measure reader engagement, and iterate to improve content focus, craft, and distribution
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years experience as an editor and/or writer in the technology industry, with samples of your work to share
- You are able to craft superior, technically precise prose and elevate the work of your colleagues to a similar level. This includes improving the quality of the writing itself, as well as identifying technical passages that need clarification, revision, or deeper exploration
- You follow the latest trends in the cloud monitoring space and are constantly coming up with and pitching new story ideas
Successful candidates will be comfortable shaping and editing the work of professional writers, researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose. You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical staff when you need an expert opinion.
- You have experience setting up web servers, databases, container platforms, cloud services, and other infrastructure technologies
- You are proficient in multiple widely used general-purpose programming languages (Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- You have experience writing scripts for technical videos and collaborating with video editors
- You have experience managing small teams of writers
View at Datadog
The Technical Writer is responsible for inputting specific measurements and details regarding the product into software programs. They are responsible for working with various engineers to ensure all specifications are correct, and must ensure that all documentation is stored correctly.
• Participate in the creating technical documentation (3D models, 2D drawings, product specifications, etc.) for aerospace applications
• Coordinate with the Design Engineers and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure the company templates, standards and procedures are all used correctly to display the information
• Store the documentation correctly in the company system
• Participates in the creation of any work instructions or control plans for the factory floor
• Arrange meetings or discussions to gather feedback from engineers or operators regarding the documentation. Use this feedback to revise documents
•Utilize photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation and charts that increase readers understanding of the information.
Experience / Qualifications
• A university degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree – Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, Mechanical)
• Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
• Bilingual English/Spanish plus
View at Sensata
The Technical Writer will support our Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) customer efforts developing technical and ILS documentation to include Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP), and Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that support the integration, installation, operation and logistical support of C4ISR systems. The position is located at our North Charleston, SC office.
- An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES – TECHNICAL WRITER:
- Develop and modify technical documentation in support of C4ISR telecommunication / IT integration, installation and logistics efforts.
- Develop and update technical TTP, CONOPS, and SOPs in Government and industry formats.
- Work with team to develop accurate processes that represent integration, installation, and accountability of C4ISR equipment and systems.
- Ability to foster collaborative relationships, encourage teamwork, and promote cooperation.
- Use technical writing techniques and expert knowledge of the terms and procedures to ensure documentation is accurate, complete, and meets government specifications.
QUALIFICATIONS – TECHNICAL WRITER:
- Bachelor’s degree in technical writing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in technical writing, editing and producing technical data.
- Experience with military telecommunication systems.
- Experience with DoD process and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and strategically
- Experience with Shore Installation Handbook.
- Experience with satellite communication systems.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
View at Systek
- Participates in the development of medical-writing related Best Practices, SOPs work instructions, style guides and content guides to ensure efficient preparation of high quality medical writing deliverables.
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of document templates and associated guidance tools (eg, formatting, style and program-specific guides), to allow teams to author quality documents that meet appropriate corporate, industry, regulatory and international guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure in-house / external resource available to provide medical writing deliverables as required by project team and in line with company objectives.
- An undergraduate degree in pharmacy, biological sciences or related disciplines is essential Post-graduate qualifications desired (PhD or MD preferred)
- Prior experience of working in the role of medical writer within the CRO/Pharma/Biotech industry
- Expert MS Office skills with a special focus on word processing , tables and graphics, spreadsheet presentations and templates
- Excellent level of English language proficiency
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company’s website: www.myriad.com .
View at Myriad
“This role is currently work-from-home and will move to the office environment after the COVID-19 restrictions are lifted.”
REQUIRED-revise the following to accurately reflect the business need: Researches, analyzes, designs, develops, writes, edits, and publishes documentation for technical applications, products, training and services.
Per manager: “We are in need of a temporary Technical Writer at the Naperville Bakery to create and document equipment operating procedures for our business continuity training plan. What would be my next steps to get a resource landed at Naperville.
View at JobDiva