Do you love using plain language to convey deeply technical concepts? Are you passionate about writing thought leadership content that inspires teams to innovate? Does double-spacing make your eye twitch?
As a Senior Writer at Aha!, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a self-funded and profitable company that is growing fast. Aha! was founded by a proven team of experts. More than 300,000 users worldwide trust our roadmap software to build products customers love.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 7 years of experience writing about any of the following topics: product management, IT, or software development at a B2B software company
- Writes exceptionally clean copy (and has the blog clips to prove it)
- Enjoys supporting other writers, providing clear creative feedback
- Thrives in a deadline-driven environment with high editorial standards
- Is bold, likes to interact with customers, and takes on increasing levels of responsibility
We are committed to being great, and we want someone who:
- Can work at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks
- Has a “can do” attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again
- Is seeking a career-defining opportunity and a proven, results-oriented team which has sold multiple software companies
View at Aha
The Creative Strategist is a key member of the Marketing team, focusing on driving the development of insightful, big ideas that exceed expectations, achieve results and win more business. The Creative Strategist should demonstrate exceptional clarity around research and generate strong insights in order to drive creative thinking. This role must show an affinity for creative ideation and actively contribute unique ideas to brainstorms and concept development. The ideal candidate has a proven track record in delivering strategic creative recommendations that can scale, loves using data, and has direct experience developing and managing programmatic and social ads.
- Excellent writing and strategic content creation skills for programmatic ads, social ads, email marketing copy, etc. for Annexus and our partners such as Nationwide, AIG, and Transamerica
- Contributing to the development of big, brave creative ideas and Concept Development phases
- Crafting well-articulated plans and points of view, strategies and creative concepts in a thoughtful, compelling and cohesive storyline
- Collaborating with Design team members to create cohesive and visually-inspiring ads
- Developing measurable objectives and Key Performance Indicators to help guide overall concept and proposal development
- Identifying key insights for creative concepting and brainstorms
- Deep knowledge of all major social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube
- Extensive experience using data to fuel creative testing recommendations
- Share your deep knowledge of all major social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube
NOTE: This is not a Design role. While some experience in Design is a plus, this role is ideal for someone who is passionate about the business side of producing advertising creative at scale
- Minimum of three to five years agency experience. Financial industry experience highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business Administration or related field
- Experience generating ideas, concepts and overarching strategy for innovative programmatic advertising, social media campaigns, digital/ interactive & experiential programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent research and insight development skills
- Strong copywriting & script writing skills
- Strong understanding of 360 marketing campaigns
- Deep knowledge in brand positioning, awareness and consideration
- Up-to-date on current media, industry and consumer trends that affect audiences
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
View at Annexus
Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping out clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built of a fast-changing, always connected, mobile-first world.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is immediately seeking a creative, deadline-driven Copywriter. The successful candidate will have 6-8 years of experience in writing copy to support digital marketing efforts and sales initiatives for a B2B technology company. Writing experience for Digital Platforms is preferred but not required.
This candidate will create effective, brand-consistent copy for multiple channels targeting key audience segments to drive engagement, including prospects, customers and partners. This candidate will also develop an understanding of business goals and learn how to interpret copy performance metrics to continuously improve communication efforts. The candidate should have both long form writing skills as well as headline writing.
This role will support copy development for:
- Email marketing & lead nurture email copy
- Website & landing page copy
- Virtual event/webinar titles and abstracts
- Paid social ad copy
- Headlines for banner ads (display & retargeting)
- Brand messaging
- PR content development
- eBooks and data sheets
Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2-3 years working in a Digital Platform setting
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to manage multiple creative projects from start to finish along with strong time management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain design concepts
View at Acquia
Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Vancouver, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
As the Brand Copywriter at Brex, you’ll be a core player in bringing the Brex brand to life, shaping and maintaining our tone of voice and personality across our brand and marketing. You’re a writer and ultimately, a brand strategist, who can craft compelling stories that attract, engage, and activate audiences.
You have the creative job of translating our core identity into captivating concepts with the right call to action. Day-to-day, you’ll work on marketing email campaigns, paid ads, social campaigns, sales collateral and one-pagers, as well as work across larger quarterly projects like creative ad campaigns. You’ll deliver the verbal content to accompany our brand’s visual elements, all with a thorough understanding of our product and business model. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a collaborative environment, using data to make marketing decisions and back their strategy. You’ll report to the Director of Brand, working closely with Brand Designers and the broader Marketing team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and write various types of brand and marketing content, including ad copy, website copy, one-pagers, presentations, emails, and more
- Review, edit, and improve content written by others
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Create error-free content that is tailored to target audience segments and funnel stages
- Exercise expertise in Brex’s value prop and detailed product offerings
- Apply our voice and tone guidelines to maintain consistency and quality; enforce guidelines across teams, especially product/UX copywriting, sales and support communications
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to produce content that supports our marketing goals
What We Value
- College graduate with a 4-year degree required
- 4+ years’ brand marketing, UX copywriting, or content writing experience, preferably within a marketing team and B2B tech
- Extremely high level of English language skills with an obsessive attention to detail, including flawless grammar and spelling
- Demonstrated proficiency in UX copywriting principles
- Demonstrated success creating content for different channels and formats, including advertising, emails, and marketing collateral (please include a link to your portfolio)
- Ambitious self-starter with outstanding organizational and communication skills who can drive projects from creative conception to execution and follow-up
View at Brex
Mercury is building a bank for startups. We launched about a year ago and have grown quite a bit through word of mouth. Thankfully, our customers seem to like what we’ve built so far:
Though our customers tweet about us, we haven’t ourselves written a whole lot about Mercury. That’s why we’re looking for a sharp writer to join our marketing team and help tell our story with authentic and precise words. You’ll work on blog posts, emails, op-eds, landing pages, tea menus, and a lot more to express who we are as a company, teach our users how to succeed, and establish our brand as the bank for startups.
Here are some things you’ll do on the job:
- Think actively about our content strategy and create quality, creative content for all of our audiences
- Write blog posts that teach users about our product, design philosophy, culture, and more
- Become an expert on how successful tech startups and ecommerce companies are run, and then share your knowledge through writing
- Write catchy copy that compels companies to use Mercury
- Work on our brand voice and use it consistently across all channels, including social media, one-pagers, ads, decks, tea boxes, our website, and more
- Write emails to welcome new users and keep them in the know about our products and events
- Help us rank highly on search results and drive discovery of our content
- Develop meaningful metrics to track the success and reach of our content
We’re looking for someone that has most of the following skills or qualities, but feel free to apply even if you don’t fit this mold but think you could do a great job. You should:
- Write with precision, clarity, and authenticity
- Be able to talk about tech companies, banking, software engineering, and business, while still sounding like a normal human
- Take pleasure in the nuance of language and have strong opinions on diction
- Know how to pull a narrative out of every piece of our company, from how we built a date picker to the local restaurants we frequent for lunch
- Have some experience writing a pretty wide range of things—blog posts, copy, and newsletters are obviously directly applicable, but we’d love if you also sometimes write other things, like magazine articles, fiction, poetry (can be bad), or comic books
- Understand how to pare an idea down to its simplest form and then express it in as few words as possible
- Get our existing brand and have a natural feel for what’s on brand
- Care for aesthetics
- Think of yourself as being possessed of a certain wild creative flair
- Use Oxford commas
- Have a sense of humor
- Deeply empathize with our customers and be able to think how they think
Does this sound like you? You can apply here.
The Content Developers/Writers are responsible for writing clear and compelling content across a variety of mediums both internally and externally as required. These positions collaborate with the larger Corporate Communications and Marketing Team on such initiatives as internal and external campaigns and communications, ads, sales sheets, brochures, newsletters, employee and leadership meetings, conferences, presentations, and digital content.
- Works with larger Corporate Communications and Marketing team to strategize positioning and create content for internal and external communications.
- Collaborates and executes on comprehensive communication and marketing plans, in conjunction with the larger Corporate Communications and Marketing team detailing messaging, audiences, appropriate vehicles and timing.
- Drives the day-to-day development and consistent delivery of thought leadership through social media and blogs.
- Drives and executes the company’s earned media presence.
- Partners with Marketing to create go-to-market content for various types of prospect, existing client and borrower campaigns and projects.
- Delivers on projects from senior management, such as organizational announcements and all forms of corporate and financial communications.
- Creates, edits, and/or repurpose copy for Cenlar websites (Cenlar.com, Cuservnet.com, CenNet, CenAccess) and social media platforms (Linked-in, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to help ensure consistent messaging.
- Ensures that all communications are thought through in total and by audience, such as internal organizational announcements that should naturally become press releases.
- Drives the brand and reinforces culture across all audiences through the use of content.
- Ensures alignment of content, where appropriate, along brand and culture lines.
- Collaborates with and provide input to the larger team on marketing and communication plans.
- Develops concise creative brief with insights and background, where appropriate.
- Simplifies large amounts of complex information into understandable communications for all types of audiences.
- Responsible for following Cenlar’s brand strategy process as it relates to all communications.
- Mentor more junior communication associates/writers for the team’s benefit and their development.
View at Cenlar
he Mx Group is looking for an enthusiastic and multifaceted freelance senior copywriter to work 30+ hours per week for the next several weeks. A short-term commitment to start with long-term potential. In this role, you’ll create killer B2B content across diverse mediums: print, email, web, social media, editorial, and more. You will work with art directors and designers to create concepts and and execute them across multiple clients. This role is highly collaborative while in a remote setting. We prefer candidates who are located in the Central Standard Timezone to best align with our team’s meeting schedule.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of professional copywriting experience (agency experience strongly preferred)
- Experience or demonstrated interest in B2B creative
- Proven ability to tell a story from different angles, to different audiences, on different platforms and in different voices
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects / clients simultaneously
- Outstanding writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
HOW WE WORK WITH OUR FREELANCERS
We make the remote work process as seamless as possible. While you work on your own computer, you will be utilizing Google Drive to pick up and drop files to the team. We use many G-Suite apps to enhance team productivity and communication including but not limited to Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Chat, and Google Meet. While our company is fully remote at the present time, these apps will become your main source of connection to the team. Our Operations team will help make sure you have the materials you need in order to complete your projects and help determine the project work you receive. The onboarding process with our HR team is quick and easy, allowing you to get started with our team as soon as possible.
A leading B2B agency, The Mx Group has consistently received awards both for our work and our company culture, and we are ranked among the top 5 B2B agencies in the country by B2B Marketing. Located 20 minutes from downtown Chicago, The Mx Group empowers companies with the competitive edge of modern B2B marketing. To do this, we integrate a broad set of services: Strategy. Design and content. Web and app development. Demand gen and lead management. We make it all work together to help companies attract, engage and convert more customers. For 30 years, clients have trusted us to turn their marketing investments into measurable revenue.
View at Mx
In a career as a Writer Editor you join a team that is changing the lives of youth and families every day.The Writer Editor will work with Boys Town across all business lines, including youth care/human services, healthcare, research and educational training/resources. This position creates, writes, and edits a variety of advertising, marketing, fundraising, promotional, informational, and media products, including online and broadcast advertising, video scripts, online content and program materials, books, catalogs and more to be disseminated both internally and externally. This position works directly with other internal Boys Town departments to deliver positive outcomes and ensures that all content is consistent with the Boys Town mission.
Schedule: Full Time M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm
- Ensures the quality of all types of products disseminated by Boys Town divisions and programs.
- Contributes writing, editing, and project development and organization skills and expertise to help Youth Care and Healthcare departments achieve their goals.
- Creates and revises products that are intended for use by parents, patients, donors, children, Youth Care and Healthcare workers, program administrators, and teachers,
- Materials created include advertising in multiple media, print and video youth and family stories, program collateral, online article and newsletter content, video scripts, books, booklets, manuals, blogs, and training materials.
- Creates, edits, and coordinates the production and development of print, video, and online materials for use internally and externally.
- Ensures that the content in all Boys Town programs, materials and products are consistent with Boys Town’s mission.
- Participates in meetings with Boys Town directors and supervisors to plan and determine the strategy and guiding objectives of communications projects.
- Prepares reports on the status of projects currently under development.
- Proofreads written materials for all Boys Town divisions including checking references and quotations; checking the accuracy of content; and checking the accuracy of grammar, syntax, and spelling.
- Serves as liaison between departments within Boys Town with regards to project development and production.
- Works with Boys Town’s Healthcare professionals and various child- and family care professionals both inside and outside of Boys Town with regards to the creation and development of child- and family-related projects/products.
- Leads and monitors Writing Team projects as assigned, serves as a project manager.
- Monitors progress of projects to ensure high-quality products and completion on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, English, related field, or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of professional writing and editing; this can include advertising, marketing, , video scripts, articles, blogs, and training materials.
- Experience in communicating complex subject matter to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated professional writing and editing experience.
- Ability to discern and create stories in print, online, and video formats.
- Understanding of the technical requirements required to write video scripts, broadcast advertising, online content and advertising, articles, and more.
- Ability to adapt written content to multiple platforms, including , social media.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact comfortably and respectfully.
- Ability to lead and organize work independently and deliver products on schedule.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
View at Boys Town
Etsy is looking for a skilled copywriter with a diverse background to join our team! This person can go from short and punchy headlines to complex product launches with the stroke of a key. We’re looking for someone who can think conceptually and strategically, using copy to bring ideas to life and drive success metrics. This person will have a proven understanding of marketing, entrepreneurship, and technology, and a strong desire to work for a company that does things differently. E-commerce experience is a major plus.
You love crafting an excellent sentence: whether you’re talking to one of our entrepreneurial sellers or unique shoppers you understand that every piece of communication needs to stand out and reflect Etsy’s unique voice. You know that words can transform a user’s experience and change how they feel about a brand. As a seasoned writer, you’re able to switch from short, impactful headlines to more complicated, nuanced communications quickly. There’s also some editorial experience and UX copywriting under your belt. As a Senior Copywriter at Etsy, this role will help support everything from product launches to lifecycle marketing campaigns, to email and push strategy. Most importantly, you are a phenomenal teammate who loves rolling up your sleeves to find the best solution for a project.
- Write, write, write! Whether it be our seller newsletter, buyer emails, campaign concepts, navigational UX copy, or snappy headline, you can break down the complex to build digestible, engaging copy
- Gain a deep understanding and appreciation for both the buyer and seller side of Etsy’s business
- Edit junior copywriters as needed
- Work with your copy, ux, and editorial content team peers to ensure a consistent end-to-end experience for buyers and sellers
- Partner closely with Brand Design and Community/Social teams to align on creative concepts and channel strategies
- Uphold our culture of continuous improvement and learning, using data and research to deeply understand how to make the most of our channels to build a cohesive and effective customer experience
- 5+ years of professional copywriting and editing experience, preferably for a brand or agency
- Have a consistent track record of successfully writing for marketing campaigns and/or helping to facilitate product launches for 3+ years
- Comfortable working in a variety of marketing channels, including email, landing pages, and the product experience
- Easily translate sophisticated tech and business concepts into clear, conversational, and engaging writing with a strong, consistent voice
- Familiar with content management systems and analytics platforms
- Have excellent judgment and can make insightful decisions about copy based on data and research
View at Smart Recruiter
So you want to be a Copywriter at BSSP? Great. We’re looking for someone who is a wielder of words, thinks strategically, constantly seeks inspiration, provides a unique perspective and works well with others. If that sounds like something to write home about, let’s chat.
What You Will Do:
- Write copy for integrated advertising campaigns for clients in varying industries.
- Partner with your Art Director counterpart to create work that nails the brief.
- Calmly juggle multiple projects, while creating high-quality work.
- Create work that demonstrates your ability to write in a range of tones for different clients across various mediums.
- Contribute to new business pitches.
What You Will Need:
- 1+ years of advertising agency or similar experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating your ability to write in a range of tones for different clients across various channels (broadcast, digital, social, OOH, print, etc.)
- Confidence and ability to sell through creative to internal teams and clients.Interest in cultural trends and the changing digital landscape.
- Ability to work collaboratively across various internal teams.
- Clear and concise communicator, written and oral. A strong desire to do brand-building, product-selling, and award-winning work.
Apply for position