The mission of the Mobilization Department at the Democratic National Committee is to bring the American people into the heart of the DNC by empowering them with the tools to mobilize in their communities.
We organize in all 3,413 counties across the country, through the state parties and from the grassroots, and we seek to impact races up and down the ballot while building a movement to put a Democrat in the White House in 2020.
We are a team of passionate, cross-discipline experts committed to energizing Democratic voters, mobilizing grassroots donors, and getting people more deeply involved to support the party both online and offline. Come join us.
Voter Education WriterThe DNC Digital Organizing team is seeking a Voter Education Writer to help disseminate key voting information leading up to Election Day.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage strategic engagement to help educate voters and communicate the importance of electing Democrats.
- Develop an innovative strategy to engage influencers, particularly outside the political sphere, to build relationships and spur meaningful action for the 2020 election.
- Work with existing stakeholders to broaden our reach to Democratic and potential Democratic voters online.
- Work internally with our digital organizing team, Mobilization sub-teams, and the Communication and Political & Organizing teams to draft and execute collaborative voter education campaigns.
- You have 1+ cycles of experience with a campaign, committee, or progressive organization.
- You have the ability to work independently as well as on a team, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You’re an innovative self-starter; you have a demonstrated ability to brainstorm an idea and execute it, including bringing necessary partners and colleagues along with you.
- You’re a people person who loves bringing new supporters on board with the things you care about, and you’re cool under pressure.
- You have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; you should have an eagle-eye for typos and errors.
- You have experience working in writing, organizing, or digital for a political campaign or advocacy organization or experience working in a digital role.
- You are comfortable with after-hours and weekend responsibilities.
- You have excellent political judgment.
- Ability to read and write in Spanish is a preferred skill for this position.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.