As the Managing Editor for Employee Services, you will be responsible for finding and telling our organizational stories and driving efforts to improve writing skills across our international team. You will develop and own our story pipeline, stay up to date about key initiatives, successes, etc., and distill complex technical programs into compelling, accessible narratives that can be told through vehicles including the intranet, video, presentations and more. You will operationalize all processes related to this effort, and write in line with organizational brand, best practices, and style, tone, and voice, in partnership with communications specialists.
Additionally, you will share your expertise and passion for writing and editing by promoting writing skills within our organization. This includes launching the Writing Feedback Workshop (already piloted), a forum which supports mid-level colleagues in a safe environment for paper reviews before they present to leaders, expanding this program to our regional hubs to elevate proficiency across the organization, and owning and improving our library of best practice examples.
Interested candidates must have the ability to dive deep to understand the services and sub-populations within our HR shared services organization, feel comfortable diving deep into technical HR subjects, and be able translate these topics into compelling, accessible language.
As the Managing Editor, you will be responsible for:
· Telling our stories and building out processes that support this effort
· Scaling our Writing Feedback Workshop to meet the diverse needs of our organization from both a regional and skill-level perspective
· Owning and expanding our library of best practice examples
· Working independently in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
· Meeting deadlines, prioritizing workloads, and maintaining a strong attention to detail to meet organizational objectives and quality measures
· Developing and managing effective measurement tools to drive improvements
· A Bachelor’s degree
· A background in journalism, PR, Communications or equivalent
· 5-8 years professional writing experience
· Program management skills and ability to facilitate
· A writing portfolio that demonstrates a range of styles and content, and a passion for connecting with readers
· Knowledge and experience about HR
· Proven ability to engage with leaders
· Proven ability to work through ambiguity and deliver results
· Excellent writing and editing skills with an ability to ingest information and distill it to its essence
· A self-starter with an ability to find compelling stories in unexpected places, with experience telling them across a variety of vehicles including print, presentations, web, video and more
· Strong interest in supporting others to improve writing/editing skills
· Ability to partner with colleagues at all levels of the organization