- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Media, or English, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in content writing or editing roles writing for a technical audience.
- Experience in technical journalism or marketing writing for a broader audience.
- Experience working with cloud computing concepts and technologies.
- Experience working cross-functionally with product marketing teams, PR, support, and/or creative agencies.
- Experience working in deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to craft complete stories based on briefs, narrative documents, and other information.
- Ability to review/edit submitted content with an eye towards clarity, comprehensibility, and impactful storytelling.
About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Content and Editorial team is responsible for the content strategy and creation in Google Cloud, including blogs, campaign assets, thought leadership, and more. In this role, you will work closely with product marketing, campaign marketing, and other teams to create compelling content that highlights the leadership of Google Cloud products and solutions. You’ll work cultivate Google Cloud awareness, business value, and differentiation into the market.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Research, write, edit, and manage Google Cloud content for data analytics, app modernization, and security under the guidance of the content leads and/or the editorial team lead.
- Work alongside the Cloud editorial team and cross-functional counterparts in marketing, PR, and product organizations to write, edit, and manage the publication process for compelling content.
- Collaborate with and synthesize feedback from a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Review content holistically with an eye towards how it can be repurposed and reimagined into other types of resources.
- Help mentor and increase the writing skill sets of contributing authors, as needed.