If you have a passion for helping small-business owners find the financial products and services that will make their businesses thrive, you may have found your new home.
We need a full-time content editor to edit and proofread long-form blog posts, resource articles, and website copy written by our skilled team of writers.
We need someone who will not only edit for clarity and proper usage but will passionately advocate for our users and revise our content to help small-business owners achieve their goals.
We need someone who puts the reader first, notices little details, juggles multiple projects at once, gives clear written and verbal feedback, and always meets deadlines. You should also love working collaboratively with writers and other team members to create the best content possible.
You should have experience editing web copy and creating business-focused content.
Why You’ll Love Our Team
We always fight for the user. At the core of everything we do is the desire to elevate the customer experience and create something that makes readers’ lives better.
- Work in a unique, collaborative environment where we share ideas freely and individuals are empowered to affect change.
- Be part of a culture that recognizes and rewards effort.
- Surround yourself with some of the best content creators and leave work each day having learned something new.
Breaking Down Your Day-to-day
- Edit and proofread copy for mechanics, clarity, organization, readability, use value, style guidelines, compliance standards, and helpfulness.
- Collaborate with multiple writers, giving and receiving constructive, clear, and kind feedback to improve individual pieces and overall writing.
- Work with the managing editor, copy director, SEO specialists, content strategists, marketing managers, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure content pieces meet goals.
- Contribute editorial insight and ideas at the team and project levels.
- Upload content pieces into WordPress using our content management system.
- Provide insights into how we can improve priority pages on our websites.
- Manage multiple projects at once and always meet deadlines.
- Proactively offer feedback on production processes, research and testing methods, and our editorial stances on small-business content.
What You’ll Need
- Experience editing web content, preferably with a B2B or small-business focus
- Demonstrated skill helping others write clear, concise, compelling content
- Experience delivering feedback to writers through both written comments and face-to-face interactions
- Solid organizational skills and ability to self-manage time
- Understanding of how to advocate for users while accomplishing website goals
- Ability to adhere to in-house style guide and brand guidelines
- Ability to accept and implement feedback
- Passion to juggle multiple deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and a willingness to share ideas openly with writers, designers, content strategists, and other team members
- 2+ years’ experience editing
- Preferred degree in English, marketing, journalism, or a related field
- Experience editing online/web content
- Editing samples/portfolio
- Editing test for qualified applicants
Location: This is a full time, on-site position located in Salt Lake City or Orem, Utah. Due to COVID-19, our team is working remotely for the foreseeable future.