Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features and a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms and industry veterans such as Peter Thiel and Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, and we’re looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Vancouver, our team is committed to creating a driven and diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, and comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
As the Brand Copywriter at Brex, you’ll be a core player in bringing the Brex brand to life, shaping and maintaining our tone of voice and personality across our brand and marketing. You’re a writer and ultimately, a brand strategist, who can craft compelling stories that attract, engage, and activate audiences.
You have the creative job of translating our core identity into captivating concepts with the right call to action. Day-to-day, you’ll work on marketing email campaigns, paid ads, social campaigns, sales collateral and one-pagers, as well as work across larger quarterly projects like creative ad campaigns. You’ll deliver the verbal content to accompany our brand’s visual elements, all with a thorough understanding of our product and business model. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a collaborative environment, using data to make marketing decisions and back their strategy. You’ll report to the Director of Brand, working closely with Brand Designers and the broader Marketing team.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and write various types of brand and marketing content, including ad copy, website copy, one-pagers, presentations, emails, and more
- Review, edit, and improve content written by others
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to business leaders
- Create error-free content that is tailored to target audience segments and funnel stages
- Exercise expertise in Brex’s value prop and detailed product offerings
- Apply our voice and tone guidelines to maintain consistency and quality; enforce guidelines across teams, especially product/UX copywriting, sales and support communications
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to produce content that supports our marketing goals
What We Value
- College graduate with a 4-year degree required
- 4+ years’ brand marketing, UX copywriting, or content writing experience, preferably within a marketing team and B2B tech
- Extremely high level of English language skills with an obsessive attention to detail, including flawless grammar and spelling
- Demonstrated proficiency in UX copywriting principles
- Demonstrated success creating content for different channels and formats, including advertising, emails, and marketing collateral (please include a link to your portfolio)
- Ambitious self-starter with outstanding organizational and communication skills who can drive projects from creative conception to execution and follow-up