Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking a Senior Editor/Writer for the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research.
Under the direction of the Center for Healthy Aging Director, the Senior Editor/Writer will be responsible for preparing all of the technical materials related to the center’s projects. This candidate will be assisting the Director, Executive Director and Program Directors with writing and editing reports, technical papers, trade magazine articles, and website content. This candidate will be responsible for preparing technical presentations and materials that will be used in outreach education activities performed within the center.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Writes and edits materials such as technical reports, research proposals, research papers, and trade journal articles that advance the Center’s priorities and strategic plan. Translates highly technical topics into accessible and interesting language that convey the significance of Center’s activities.
- Provides concept development, design, layout, production, and print coordination for a variety of articles, publications, and projects.
- Ensures communication materials and publications adhere to the quality standards and procedures established by the Center, support the Center’s mission, and present a clear, consistent, and compelling message.
- Manages the operating unit’s EndNote account; organizes and maintains bibliographic references and troubleshoots the reference database, as needed.
- Prepares web copy and proactively recommends web updates; champions those changes to see that they are implemented. Updates website, as assigned.
- Serves as project manager for individual communications projects, as assigned. Develops appropriate strategies and collaborates with operating unit staff to complete assigned projects on schedule.
- Submits research articles for publication to scientific journals via online submission systems, as directed.