Etsy is looking for a skilled copywriter with a diverse background to join our team! This person can go from short and punchy headlines to complex product launches with the stroke of a key. We’re looking for someone who can think conceptually and strategically, using copy to bring ideas to life and drive success metrics. This person will have a proven understanding of marketing, entrepreneurship, and technology, and a strong desire to work for a company that does things differently. E-commerce experience is a major plus.
You love crafting an excellent sentence: whether you’re talking to one of our entrepreneurial sellers or unique shoppers you understand that every piece of communication needs to stand out and reflect Etsy’s unique voice. You know that words can transform a user’s experience and change how they feel about a brand. As a seasoned writer, you’re able to switch from short, impactful headlines to more complicated, nuanced communications quickly. There’s also some editorial experience and UX copywriting under your belt. As a Senior Copywriter at Etsy, this role will help support everything from product launches to lifecycle marketing campaigns, to email and push strategy. Most importantly, you are a phenomenal teammate who loves rolling up your sleeves to find the best solution for a project.
- Write, write, write! Whether it be our seller newsletter, buyer emails, campaign concepts, navigational UX copy, or snappy headline, you can break down the complex to build digestible, engaging copy
- Gain a deep understanding and appreciation for both the buyer and seller side of Etsy’s business
- Edit junior copywriters as needed
- Work with your copy, ux, and editorial content team peers to ensure a consistent end-to-end experience for buyers and sellers
- Partner closely with Brand Design and Community/Social teams to align on creative concepts and channel strategies
- Uphold our culture of continuous improvement and learning, using data and research to deeply understand how to make the most of our channels to build a cohesive and effective customer experience
- 5+ years of professional copywriting and editing experience, preferably for a brand or agency
- Have a consistent track record of successfully writing for marketing campaigns and/or helping to facilitate product launches for 3+ years
- Comfortable working in a variety of marketing channels, including email, landing pages, and the product experience
- Easily translate sophisticated tech and business concepts into clear, conversational, and engaging writing with a strong, consistent voice
- Familiar with content management systems and analytics platforms
- Have excellent judgment and can make insightful decisions about copy based on data and research