The Communications Writer is responsible for developing, writing, editing and proofreading content for a variety of highly visible internal and/or external communications. This position will work collaboratively with department leaders, project contributors, and other stakeholders to create short and long-term communication plans to include objectives, targeted audiences, delivery channels, and metrics to achieve organizational goals.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to
- Develop internal communications for use across Mom’s Meals teams and departments such as employee announcements, newsletters, and slide decks
- Serve as the main point of contact with our Human Resources department for internal communications needs
- Support marketing projects as needed by providing written content for use in tradeshows, recruitment activities etc.
- Create and publish communications for internal and/or external use, such as: blog posts, website content, employee announcements, slide decks etc.
- Proofread internal and external communications content for clarity, tone, style and grammar to ensure they are high quality and results oriented
- Be informed about overall business direction and key trends to ensure all written materials are timely and relevant
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a full-time Content Developer/Writer role in a healthcare or manufacturing organization
- Demonstrated experience developing and supporting cross-sectional organization communication projects which can include but not limited to newsletters, announcement, slide decks, to name a few.
- Demonstrated experience developing and supporting external projects that can include but not limited to tradeshow, recruitment event, and community engagement activities.
- Experience proof reading in a high volume environment.
- Strong editorial judgment and visual sense
- Aptitude with design templates in various Microsoft Office apps
- Experience using virtual team workspaces (ex. Sharepoint, Dropbox, Microsoft Teams, Office 365, etc.)
- Efficient time management and project follow-through
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Preferred Skills and Experience
- BA/BS in Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Previous experience in the Healthcare industry