As SeniorWriter, Signature Communications Channels, you will serve as story-crafter, intrepid reporter and communications strategist, all with the goal of sharing Target’s story and strengthening audience engagement – internally and externally. You’ll sit with a team of talented writers and partner with external and internal teams to deliver daily news to Target team members, guests and members of the media.
As a Senior Writer, you’ll play a role in:
- Editorial planning and strategy – you’ll produce content for Target’s award-winning daily internal communications channel, TGT Briefly, and Target’s best-in-class corporate website, A Bullseye View. You’ll work closely with your peers across the Communications team, as well as key business partners across the company, to plan and align content that matter most to our audiences and the company.
- Top-notch writing and editing – you’ll be tasked with daily creation of stories that share company news, strategy insights and team member stories. Identifying and developing creative, clear, concise stories and the ability to write and edit complex topics into sharp, engaging pieces are critical to the role.
- Story mining and reporting – you’ll generate story ideas by working “beats,” pairing with internal partners to identify and craft stories about Target’s journey.
- Operational support – you’ll rotate digital publishing responsibilities with your colleagues, and you’ll use your project management and organizational skills to plan, report and write – all contributing to an editorial calendar.
- Collaboration – because you work across so many disparate partners to accomplish daily tasks, a knack for understanding and distilling complex topics and the ability to collaborate successfully is absolutely critical.
- Innovation – you’ll bring an innovative approach to your stories and prioritize continuous improvements to keep your writing fresh, engaging and cutting-edge, all while keeping its core consistently excellent. You’ll work with our social and multimedia teammates to expand upon your storytelling – developing new ways to engage readers through stories of Target’s purpose, values and strategy.
- 4 or more years of related work experience; journalism a plus
- Strong communications, writing and reporting skills
- Ability to develop and execute multiple projects at once and against very tight deadlines
- Strong editorial judgement, with ability to focus on both broad, strategic vision and small, critical details
- Understanding of how to communicate information clearly and creatively
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Prior experience working in email and web-based content management systems a bonus
- Proven skills in relationship development, project management, and issue resolution
- Familiarity with multimedia storytelling, social-media content, and analytics a plus