The Philadelphia Inquirer is a public benefit corporation owned by the nonprofit Lenfest Institute for Journalism. Together, we’re at the center of a critical mission to create a lasting future for ambitious, engaging, and useful local journalism. We’re doing this, in part, by deepening our connection with the communities we serve. Our integrated digital and print platforms are the Philadelphia region’s largest media network. We’re passionate about building a sustainable model for indispensable local journalism, and we take pride in finding diverse, dynamic, and talented individuals to help push our team forward.
The Philadelphia Inquirer is looking for a sharp-eyed writer and editor to join its audience development team. The Newsletter Editor will take on the primary writing role for The Inquirer’s flagship Morning Newsletter and assist in the editing, sending, strategy, and quality control of The Inquirer’s email newsletter portfolio.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll be the primary author of The Inquirer Morning Newsletter and also work alongside our Senior Newsletter Editor, Audience, and Product teams to grow our portfolio of editorial newsletters. This will include editing, writing and sending newsletters through our email service provider tool. You will also:
- Help plan and execute engagement campaigns to grow our newsletter
- subscriber lists.
- Monitor and evaluate audience data related to our newsletters,
- providing occasional analytics reports to key stakeholders.
- Help launch new newsletters and collaborate with stakeholders from across
- the organization.
- Be creative in how we can engage with our audience via email and in
- other direct messaging platforms.
Who We’re Looking For
- The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of journalism experience. Prior experience working specifically with newsletters is not required, although you’ll need to have a desire to be involved in the strategy component of using email as a means of distribution.
- Ability to write clean, concise copy in an engaging tone and voice.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work quickly.
- Familiarity with Campaign Monitor, or a similar newsletter software
- tool is a plus.