MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, and what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters— Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour and many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
MasterClass is looking for a talented and motivated Video Assistant Editor to help create amazing classes. Ideally, you are excited about creating an online education experience that transcends the passive e-learning models popular today.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Log and transfer media from all shoots
- Prep turnovers for sound, color, and VFX
- Conform sequences for final delivery
- Export, Upload, and QC all class content
- Help maintain server structure and organization
- Optimize editing and finishing processes
- Troubleshoot problems throughout the post-production workflow
- Possess knowledge and industry background in editorial techniques
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere. Some After Effects/Photoshop a plus
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and outstanding quality control skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask
- A quick learner, friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Works full-time remote until we return to our SF or LA office (contract)
- Legally eligible to work in the United States