Kidde Fire Protection Systems is a global organization providing fully-integrated fire protection systems for aircraft and ground vehicles in both the commercial and government markets. The Industrial Engineering Technician pro-actively creates work instructions, standards and procedures that will be adhered to on the manufacturing floor. Works under direct supervision to provide technical support to engineers on a variety of engineering tasks. Assists with basic technical tasks which contribute to the planning and execution of engineering projects. Assists with preparation of charts, graphs, or diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, or machine utilization.
- The role will also be responsible for the methodology and document templates for creating processes and standards.
- Prepares and/or maintains documentation pertaining to user training records and other user documentation.
- Translates business and engineering specifications into user documentation.
- Plans, writes and maintains user support documentation activities.
- Conduct time and motion studies for continuous improvement
- Assists with the startup/documentation of installed equipment.