Coe College seeks adetail-oriented and creative individual for the position of Content Writer. This position creates original content for the website, social media, newsletters, press releases, blogs, articles, video, advertising and marketing materials based on the college’s mission and strategic goals. This person serves as primary writer for the college including writing for the president, admission and general marketing needs. Essential Job Responsibilities:
- In a fast-paced setting create original content for website, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc), newsletters, press releases, blogs, feature stories, the Courier, E-News, admission recruitment materials (emails, publications), advertising, marketing materials and more based on the college’s mission and strategic goals.
- Manage comments, interactions, engagement and paid social media efforts while staying informed of social media trends to advise the Director of Content Development, Director of Marketing and Vice President for Marketing.
- Serve as editor of the Courier by organizing story collection, proofing, revisions, scheduling, deadlines, etc.
- Must be able to develop content in a clear and easy to understand format regardless of the medium and in high-pressure situations.
- Understand and apply the existing Coe College brand (tone, voice, etc.) to all work.
- Serve as media relations backup for the Director of Marketing as needed.
- Distribute media releases, alerts and event calendar information to local, regional and national media outlets.